Selecting a Pay Per Click agency, otherwise known as a PPC agency, is an important decision for any business. Making sure you hire a PPC agency with a strong reputation and a proven track record can be the difference between a successful marketing campaign and a lot of wasted money. For this reason, you need to choose a leading PPC agency, you need ExciteBrand.
ExciteBrand: A leading PPC agency
Our PPC agency is well-known in the industry for producing and executing profitable paid marketing strategies. Using the latest technology, combined with data-driven insights, we create high-performance campaigns that are guaranteed to make a positive difference to your business’s bottom line. With a team fully qualified in PPC services and paid marketing strategies, we have a solid portfolio of satisfied clients and successful projects, but don’t take our word for it, see our projects here.
Not sure what PPC is? Or what a PPC agency does? Read through the rest of this page to understand why you need PPC and a PPC management company, and to see how a PPC service can benefit your company.
What are PPC Services?
PPC, otherwise known as cost-per-click (CPC), is an online advertising model used by companies to increase website traffic. A publisher, which is usually a search engine such as Google, or a website, will show advertisements for the company and each time a visitor clicks on these adverts and is directed to the company website, the company will pay a fee. With search engines, an advertiser (i.e. the company) will usually bid on keywords that are relevant to the market they are targeting, social media sites have also started using pay-per-click advertising models. Whereas other websites will charge a fixed price for each click instead of using a bidding system. CCP advertising is considered especially useful as it conveys more information regarding how effective the marketing campaign has been. To understand pay-per-click in more detail, read through the information available on Wikipedia.
According to Forbes, PPC visitors are 50% more likely to become a paying customer than those who visit your website through an organic search result. With this in mind, it is a good idea to spend some time trying to understand PPC and the benefits it can have for your business.
If you are interested in completing your own PPC services, you will need to take the time to understand how Google Ads work. Fortunately, Google provides a range of Google Ad certifications that can help you to do this. Become certified in search, display, video, shopping ads and measurements, directly with Google. Click here to find out more.
What does a PPC company do?
A PPC company is responsible for the implementation and management of your pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaign. They will:
- Create a PPC strategy that is most suited to your business, industry, USP’s and competitors.
- Implement the PPC strategy and build on existing campaigns.
- Keyword research to ensure your business is targeting the most suited keywords.
- Complete ad writing to ensure the adverts are focused on keywords, include calls-to-action and they direct customers to your landing page.
- Utilise ad extensions to help your adverts to stand out among your competitors.
- Set-up and manage shopping adverts.
- Track data to optimise the PPC campaign.
- Ensure ongoing PPC optimisation
- Produce reports providing insight into the effectiveness of the PPC campaign.
In short, a PPC advertising agency helps to ensure your PPC campaign is as effective as possible, driving traffic to your website while maintaining a strong ROI (return on investment). For more information on what a PPC company does, see this interesting read from bigcommerce.co.uk.
What are the benefits of PPC and PPC Management Services?
According to Forbes there are four main benefits of PPC marketing:
- Results are instantaneous: with content marketing it takes time to write and publish content and for this to turn into website leads, therefore traffic increases over time. With PPC advertising traffic increases instantly and can be turned on and off at any time.
When PPC has been set-up by professional PPC management services the tracking will evidence these immediate results.
- You only pay when someone clicks on your link: with other methods of online advertising, such as cost per impression (CPM), you pay simply for your advert to be shown. Whereas with CPP you only get charged if a customer sees your advert and clicks on the link to be redirected to your website. As a result, you waste less money showing your advert to an audience that is not interested in your goods/services.
- Targeting your audience: with PPC you have more control over where, when and to who your advert is shown. Through your PPC strategy you can select your audience, the ideal time to reach them and the best place for your advert to be shown. By researching your target audience you can learn their online behaviour and find out when the best time to advertise is (i.e. when they’re online), you can also choose locations for your adverts or set a local audience. This helps you to target an audience that is more likely to convert into paying customers.
- PPC helps your SEO: for your website to be successful you need to rank highly in search engine results, which you are not going to be able to do if your SEO is not strong enough. PPC helps you to analyse your keyword impression data (i.e. how many people see your ad) so that you can see which keywords are most popular. It will also give you an idea of what long-tail keywords are that you can use to help optimise the content on your website.
In order for your PPC campaign to be successful, it is essential that you properly research your target audience and keywords etc, this is often where using PPC management services comes in most beneficial. PPC marketing services not only conduct the research to create the ideal strategy for your business, but they also implement these strategies to ensure you benefit from all of the above and much more.
What does a Google Adwords agency do?
A Google Adwords agency is similar to that of a PPC company. They work with clients to create (or take-over) Google Adwords campaigns, while ensuring a strong ROI. As they are experienced in using Adwords there are numerous benefits to using a Google Adwords company, these include:
- Familiarity: If you are new to Google Adwords you might find that getting the right strategy in place is a trial and error process. It can take days, weeks, or even months to find a marketing strategy that works effectively for your business and with your target audience. When you use a Google Adwords agency they are familiar with the process and the industry, which removes the trial and error and provides you with a strategy that is effective immediately.
- Beta Testing: Google Adwords agencies are a source of income for Google, for this reason, they often get opportunities that other businesses handling their own PPC strategy do not, such as beta testing. This gives clients a chance to try new methods that their competition may not have access to.
- New perspectives: If you run your own Google Adwords campaign, it is likely that this is managed by one or two people within your business, which can lead to the strategy becoming stale and limited. Whereas a Google Adwords has a full team dedicated to Google Adwords alone, this helps to find sources for growth and keeps the PPC campaign fresh and effective.
- Multi-disciplinary: Agencies have a multi-disciplinary team, they have experts in keyword research, bids, campaigns etc. which means you have a vast array of knowledge available to you. This helps to ensure that every aspect of your campaign is well thought out and is running as efficiently as possible.
- Stability: By using an agency you no longer have the worry of what will happen to your Google Adwords campaign if the person managing it within your company were to leave. If this happens when you are working with an agency, someone else will simply take over your account for you.
Choosing the best Google Adwords company
If you’ve already started looking for a Google Adwords company you will have noticed that there are a lot of them around, which makes choosing just one even more difficult. So, how do you make the decision on which to choose? Here are some things you should look for from your Adwords PPC management:
- Experience: Selecting a Google Ads Management agency that has vast experience in PPC, Google Adwords and marketing strategies is incredibly important. When you research Google Adwords companies be sure to look at the experience they have and read testimonials from previous or current clients.
- Certifications: All companies should be able to provide evidence of their certifications in Google Adwords and PPC. Before you choose to use an Adwords management agency, take a look at the certifications they have and if you cannot see evidence on their website, request copies of their certifications.
- Realistic expectations: avoid companies that promise immediate results and a drastic improvement to your ranking. While companies do significantly increase your ranking, often within a short period of time, they cannot make your website the most popular website that ever was, overnight.
As leaders in the field, we have created a blog post explaining what to look for in an SEO agency, click here to read more.
Is a paid search agency the same as a Google Ads company?
A paid search agency and a Google Ads company are very similar, the services they provide are both considered as PPC services. However, they differ in the sense of a paid search agency will likely cover a wide range of PPC services, from Google to social media, whereas a Google Ads company will focus solely on Google Adwords. Which type of company you should choose very much depends on what you are hoping to achieve. If you’re solely looking for a company that can manage your Google Adwords and you are not interested in any other PPC service, then a Google Ads management service is perfect for you. However, do keep in mind that you may want to branch out your marketing strategy to other platforms, not just Google. If you use a paid search agency then it will be much easier for you to extend your marketing campaign to other platforms, whereas if you use just a Google Ads company, it won’t be so easy and you may have to look for another paid search agency for help.
Why is it important to use an expert PPC marketing agency?
If you use a PPC marketing agency that is not experienced or knowledgeable in PPC marketing services you might find that your marketing campaign is not as effective as it could be. This could mean you end up paying more than you should and not seeing the results promised to you. Companies waste hundreds, sometimes even thousands of pounds each year on an ineffective marketing strategy, simply because they chose a company that was not reputable and could not evidence its experience. Using an expert PPC marketing agency, such as ExciteBrand will:
- Save you money
- Make sure your advertising budget is spent effectively
- Enable your marketing strategy is kept up-to-date with changes and trends
- Help you to ensure you have a tailored PPC strategy in place that works effectively for your company and industry
PPC campaign management services by ExciteBrand offer all this and more, as we explain in a recent blog post, it pays to be with the PPC services experts in Manchester.
Traditional Advertising versus PPC advertising companies
You might be wondering why companies are spending so much time and money on digital marketing, such as PPC campaigns, when traditional marketing has always seemed to serve businesses so well. The truth is that traditional marketing has now become too expensive, what’s more, these forms of marketing no longer serve their purpose, they don’t drive traffic to a business the way that they used to. For this reason, companies are now investing in digital marketing services, such as SEO content and PPC advertising. Adwords PPC management companies are used in replacement of traditional marketing companies now, not only are they more cost-effective, but the marketing campaign is much more effective in the digital age we live in. Read more about this great advertising shift in this blog from the Huffington Post.
Innovative ways the best google marketing company can use Google Adwords
Another advantage of using the best Google marketing company is that they can often think of new and innovative ways to leverage Google Adwords for your benefit. Here are just five, of the many ways, Google can be used by a Google Ads management agency to ensure your PPC campaign is more effective:
- Poaching clients from competitors: by using Google Adwords you can reach customers during the final stage of them researching and making a purchase. To do this, you need to set-up adverts on the brand names of your biggest competitors, instead of bidding on and placing focus on keywords.
- Targeting an audience that isn’t ready to buy yet: typically speaking this is the opposite of what businesses usually do. Most businesses will target an audience that is ready to make a purchase, however, this isn’t always the best option. John Leo Weber, the VP of Marketing at ProjectManager.com, states “Most advertisers bid on high buyer-intent keywords because they see Adwords as a conversion engine”, he goes onto say that “Instead, advertisers should treat Adwords as a traffic engine. You can bid on lower buyer-intent keywords to bring traffic to your site, and put people into funnels to be targeted in other ways.” Buy using PPC like this, you can get potential customers and leads for a much cheaper price.
- Decide who you don’t want to sell too: Google Adwords doesn’t just let you target your audience with keywords, it also lets you avoid selling to certain audiences, through the use of negative keywords. For example, if you wanted to avoid selling to schools, you can add the negative words “schools”, “school”, “university” etc. This will then mean that your advert is not shown to people who use those search terms. Using negative keywords like this helps you to better target an audience that is more likely to convert into a paying customer.
- SEO keyword research: According to Elliot Brown, the director of marketing at OnPay, Inc., “Adwords data is invaluable for SEO keyword research. If people are willing to pay for traffic from certain keywords, it’s worth making an effort to get that same traffic for free.” Using Google Adwords to highlight the most effective keywords enables you to implement these keywords into your marketing strategy, ultimately driving more traffic to your website.
- Gauge customer interest: If you are thinking of trying something new, for example, if you’d like to change your brand message, you might be wondering how your customers will feel about this and whether it is something you should do. This is where Google Adwords can help. To test out new ideas, you can simply run a new campaign and see how effective it is. This is much cheaper, and quicker, than paying out for research studies and it can really help you to expand your business.
To learn more about utilising Google Adwords in an unconventional way, see this article from Forbes.
What are the PPC management agency and Google Adwords management company packages and prices?
Every Google Adwords management company will charge a different price for their Google Adwords packages, some might charge more than others. While the price they charge is important, what’s more important is choosing a company that best suits your business needs and has experience in the industry. While it might be tempting to select the cheapest PPC management agency, this could end up costing you more in the long run if the company does not create and integrate a strong strategy. See the range of Google Adwords packages offered by ExciteBrand here.
Mistakes to avoid when choosing a PPC marketing company
It can be a massive mistake to not thoroughly research your PPC marketing company before making the decision to use it. Rushing in like this can lead to you choosing a PPC marketing company:
- That is not certified.
- That locks you into a contract.
- Is a small company run by only one person.
- That uses autopilot software to manage your PPC campaign.
- Which makes small/minor changes in minimal time, which they then charge a whole month’s worth of work for.
- Has no evidence of previous success.
- That isn’t testing their own website.
- Who is not open about their pricing.
- Penalise you for any late payments.
Before you make the decision to use an Adwords management agency ask plenty of questions such as, how do you charge? Is it per campaign, per ad group, per keyword etc? Don’t be afraid to ask for evidence of previous successes and certifications, an experienced PPC marketing company will be happy to answer any questions you have and provide any evidence you require.
ExciteBrand is a leading PPC agency, with years of experience, a portfolio of satisfied clients and offices in the UK and Canada. There is no PPC campaign to big or small. To see how we can help your business or to get started on creating your own successful PPC campaign, contact us now. A member of our team will happily answer any questions you might have and will provide a free, no-obligation quote.
Expand your business with ExciteBrand, a PPC marketing company that is second-to-none.